The original courthouse was built in 1907. A complete renovation included demolition of an adjacent addition, repair and replacement of windows, roofing, exterior stonework, reconfiguration of the interior walls, installation of an elevator, and upgrade to ADA standards. The mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection design involved a complete gut and replacement of all systems. It was desired to maintain the original high ceilings. This became a challenge to provide air conditioning without available duct space. Two air handlers provided the cooling—one located in the attic to serve the Second floor, and one in the basement to serve the First floor. The air handling system is variable air volume with hydronic reheat coils. In addition to this source of heat, the original cast iron steam radiators were converted to hot water and continue to be used. Cast iron registers were used throughout the facility to be in tune with the 1907 architecture. The plumbing and fire protection systems are all new and modern.