The original Pueblo Airport, circa 1925, was renovated to provide museum storage space for the Colorado Historical Society. This 12,000 square foot facility houses the larger objects owned by the Society such as carriages, farming vehicles, etc. A critical part of the design was to incorporate precise temperature and humidity controls for an optimal storage environment. Direct digital controls allow for precise environmental control and also monitor the space. Via a modem, the Historical Society can track the temperature changes from their Denver offices. In addition to completely new mechanical systems, a complete dry pipe fire protection system and a new electrical service and distribution system was added. Numerous architectural upgrades were done in order to better insulate the structure and provide for humidity containment.